AbbVie announced the creation of a new global business, Allergan Aesthetics, and the proposed leadership team for the combined company, effective upon the expected first-quarter 2020 close of the Allergan acquisition.
Allergan Aesthetics will operate as a new global dedicated business with its own research and development function under the AbbVie umbrella and will include aesthetic products including, Botox Cosmetic, the Juvederm collection of dermal fillers, and Coolsculpting body contouring, among others. This global business, located in Irvine, California, will be led by Carrie Strom, currently Senior Vice President, U.S. Medical Aesthetics, Allergan. Upon completion of the Allergan acquisition, Ms. Strom will be named Senior Vice President, AbbVie and President, Global Allergan Aesthetics. She will oversee the worldwide operations, along with an team of current Allergan leaders, and report directly to Richard A. Gonzalez, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, AbbVie.
The Eye Care and Specialty businesses–including Botox Therapeutics, Central Nervous System, Women’s Health, and Gastrointestinal Diseases–will be integrated into the existing AbbVie organization. Several Allergan leaders have accepted leadership positions in the future company across these franchises.
Allergan CEO Brent Saunders will be on the board of directors but does not have a role in the combined company, according to AbbVie.
The following individuals will make up the Executive Leadership team of the combined company:
- Richard A. Gonzalez, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Laura Schumacher, Vice Chairman, External Affairs and Chief Legal Officer
- Michael E. Severino, M.D., Vice Chairman and President (including Research and Development)
- Carlos Alban, Vice Chairman, Chief Commercial Officer
- Henry O. Gosebruch, Executive Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer
- Robert A. Michael, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Timothy J. Richmond, Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Azita Saleki-Gerhardt, Ph.D., Executive Vice President, Operations
- Carrie Strom, Senior Vice President, AbbVie, and President, Global Allergan Aesthetics
“We are enthusiastic about the potential of the new AbbVie and continue to make significant progress on completing our acquisition of Allergan,” Richard A. Gonzalez, chairman and chief executive officer, AbbVie, said in a company news release. “Today’s announcement marks an important step forward in our plans to create the integrated global company. We are fortunate to have a leadership team with a deep breadth of both industry and company experience and we are excited to welcome the new Allergan leaders to our company.”