Vision Expo continues to invest in tools and technologies that allow attendees to personalize their experience and maximize time onsite, while helping exhibitors to increase their return on investment and receive more relevant booth traffic, according to a news release. The Vision View program, set to launch at Vision Expo West (Education: September 26 – 29; Exhibit Hall: September 27 – 29) in Las Vegas features new wearable beacon technology that will add a variety of benefits for both attendees and exhibitors.
Vision View Benefits for Attendees:
- Personalized Experience: Booth recommendations will be delivered based on the attendee’s onsite activity and on the activity of similar attendees throughout all three days of the Show. Used in conjunction with pre-show recommendations shared based on interest, attendees can easily identify exhibitors that provide a solution to their needs.
- Meaningful Networking: Attendees will regularly receive recommendations on who to meet based on similar activities and interests and can automatically and securely exchange contact information and chat directly through the Vision Expo mobile app.
- Map the Vision Expo Journey: Attendees will receive a personalized journey report showing the people they have interacted with and the booths they visited.
Vision View Benefits for Exhibitors:
- Increased ROI: Exhibitor booths will be recommended based on attendees’ previous activity and on the type of attendee who has already visited it, helping each booth’s traffic to be more qualified. Vision View, in combination with utilizing the Vision Expo Exhibitor Dashboard, will drive new and relevant traffic to exhibitor booths.
- Product Gallery Enhancements: Exhibitors who participate in the Product Gallery will be able to have product content digitally delivered to interested attendees in the attendee’s journey report. Exhibitors will also be alerted when key targets are near their booth based on the exhibitor’s selected target criteria.
- Post-Show Value: Visiting attendees will have exhibitor information in their personalized journey report, allowing for easier recall and follow-up.
Each Vision Expo registration badge will have a unique smart tag that securely broadcasts its location to Vision View hubs and sensors placed throughout the show. This will provide insights on the types of attendees visiting various booths allowing booth recommendations to be made based on attendee behavior.
“Trialing new technologies such as Vision View is key to evolving the tradeshow experience for both attendees and exhibitors,” said Melissa Ashley, Senior Vice President at Reed Exhibitions. “This innovative technology will provide insights on how participants utilize the Show allowing us to uncover opportunities to enhance the Vision Expo experience in the future.”
Vision View is the newest addition to a variety of digital tools that Vision Expo offers to enhance the Show experience, including the pre-show recommendations program, MyShow Planning Tool and the Vision Expo Mobile App. Each of these tools can be used together to maximize time spent at Vision Expo and improve the quality of recommendations between attendees and exhibitors.
Throughout the show, attendees can click on Vision View in the Vision Expo mobile app to regularly access booth and networking recommendations and view their journey report.
“Vision Expo continues to push the boundaries of technological advancements. Our goal is to continue to increase both the value and satisfaction for our attendees and exhibitors,” said Mitch Barkley, Vice President of Trade Shows at The Vision Council. “The use of wearable beacon technology not only delivers on those goals, but also improves the overall experience and takes ‘personalized’ to a whole new level.”