USRetina, an independent provider of technology and services specific to retina practices, announced that it has expanded its leadership team with the appointment of a new executive team. The change reflects a strategic approach to long-term value and growth for the organization, according to the organization.
The new executive team includes:
· J. Ike Nicoll named Chief Executive Officer
· Ravi Nemana named Chief Technology Officer
· Jacob Alcauskas named Vice President, Product
· James Gruber named Vice President, Provider Network
· Jennette I. Tran named Vice President, Group Purchasing Organization
“I’m proud of the depth and diversity of this new executive team,” Sunil Gupta, MD, Founder and Chairman of the USRetina board, said in a news release. “These appointments will ensure the delivery of our commitments to our customers and partners, and advance our mission to support retina practices through never-before-seen technology and services.”
Mr. Nicoll is a 30-year veteran of healthcare and technology, most recently serving as the CEO of Cancer Clinics of Excellence. His previous companies include IBM, AmerisourceBergan, and McKesson, where he served as VP/General Manager and was responsible for the development of physician services ventures that increased the company’s revenues by over $600 million.
“It’s a rare opportunity to get to be a part of a world-class company that’s transforming how retina practices are optimized for business,” Mr. Nicoll said in the news release. “USRetina delivers powerful purchasing opportunities, technology platforms, a collaborative community and consulting to help retina doctors focus on what matters: the patients they serve. I’m honored to join a roster of talent that has a long track record of success.”
Along with the management team, USRetina has added a new board of directors with expertise in the retina specialty, pharmaceuticals, technology, and corporate strategy:
- Sunil Gupta, MD, Co-Founder and Chief Medical Officer of US Retina, and Founder of the Retina Specialty Institute
- Robert P. Schroeder, MD, Physician at Retina Services of Illinois
- Angela Chambers, President of Chambers Practice Management
- Ruben King Shaw, President at Steward Health Care Network
- Michael Hess, Attorney at Bass, Berry & Simms
- Tesh Khullar, Senior Vice President of Flatiron Health
“USRetina has tremendous value creation potential ahead of it, and we believe the new directors will be significant assets to the company. The new board and management team are committed to achieving outstanding performance for our physicians, practices, and stakeholders,” said Dr. Gupta.