SMi Group has announced the launch of the Ophthalmic Drugs Conference, being held on the November 28-29, 2017, at the Copthorne Tara Hotel in London.
Ocular disease therapy has seen a surge in innovation in areas ranging from glaucoma to macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. As aging populations grow globally, the need for treatment in this field has grown and is expected to reach a figure of $21 billion by the year 2022.
The the Ophthalmic Drugs Conference, industry leaders will gather to discuss the latest challenges and changes in the field of ophthalmology. Explore novel approaches to treatment, ocular medical devices, targeted drug delivery technology, and real-life challenges to preclinical and clinical trials, to deepen your understanding of inherited ocular diseases.
How Will You Benefit?
Network and learn from leading professionals such as:
- Naj Sharif, Executive Director in R&D, Head, Global Alliances & External Research, Santen Inc
- Mitchell de Long, Vice President, Chemistry, Aerie Pharmaceuticals
- Michael Lai, Global Program Medical Director, Novartis
- Sérgio Leal, Ophthalmologist Director, Global Clinical Leader, Bayer
- Victor Chong, Global Head of Ophthalmology, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Amir Shojaei, Vice President Therapeutic Area Head, Ophthalmology, Shire
- Tomas Navratil, Senior Vice President, Development, Envisia Therapeutics
Some of the featured highlights will include:
- New approaches to drug delivery to the back of the eye and nanotechnology
- Discover innovation in diagnostic technology
- Regulatory keynote on medical devices and human factors
- Explore various combination products improving health outcomes
- Exciting insight into stem cell and gene therapy
For more information or to view the full agenda, visit: www.ophthalmicdrugs.com/ewt