Reopeneyecare.com, a new digital platform designed to help eyecare providers navigate the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic on their businesses, launched today. Featuring content specially curated by a taskforce of vision community leaders and sponsored by The Vision Council, the website is intended to serve as a comprehensive resource to help eyecare providers navigate the complex journey from shutdown back to ‘new normal’ business conditions with practical insights and a collection of best practices, protocols, tools and tips for reopening a practice and maintaining its health until conditions improve.
“The coronavirus pandemic has disrupted the vision and eyecare community in ways that can threaten the livelihood of eyecare providers, their staff and their businesses if they do not adapt to the new circumstances. We understand how overwhelmed business owners are feeling during these unprecedented times. That inspired us to build a website to serve as a one-stop destination to help eyecare providers make the right practice and business decisions as they navigate from shutdown to a sustainable new-normal,” David Chute, Co-Founder and CEO at ThinOptics, said in a company news release. “Reopeneyecare.com provides the most timely, relevant information that eyecare providers need to be aware of as they reopen their businesses, as well as tools and actionable tips to employ over the coming months as they evolve from surviving to thriving. By curating the best, trusted resources in one place in a personalized and interactive format, we hope to help eyecare providers make informed business decisions.”
“Now more than ever, it is important to come together as a community, so that we can emerge from this crisis stronger, smarter and more nimble,” said David Friedfeld, President at ClearVision Optical. “Reopeneyecare.com reflects a collective industry effort to gather the most useful information and tools in one accessible platform to support and guide eyecare providers as they adapt their business strategies through each stage of reopening and recovery. Reopeneyecare.com contains all the information eyecare providers need in one, easy-to-navigate website and will continually be updated as guidelines, regulations, and standard practices evolve.”
The website features an intuitive display and is divided into seven sections:
- The Landscape:
- With detailed information on national COVID-19 data and trends, The Landscape is home to Survive to Thrive: Covid-19 Coping Skills, an overview presentation that highlights the challenges eyecare providers are faced with and how they can approach the implications of the pandemic on their businesses from a strategic, financial and leadership perspective.
- Setting Your Course:
- This section breaks down the process of developing a strategy to navigate the implications of COVID-19 and provides tips on how to communicate with patients and strengthen relationships.
- Financing the Journey:
- Featuring an interactive cashflow calculator, Financing the Journey explains how to calculate cash flow, manage and generate cash and includes financial best practices and checklists.
- Roadmap to Reopening:
- From understanding personal protective equipment (PPE) sources and best practices to breaking down dispensary protocols, Roadmap to Reopening details what eyecare providers need to know to begin seeing patients again while keeping both patients and staff safe.
- Leading the Way:
- This section provides tips on how to manage, motivate, and compensate staff during a difficult time, when strong, inspiring leadership is essential.
- Rules, Regulations and Requirements:
- Highlights state and local rules, professional guidelines, liability issues and employment law.
- Industry Data:
- The Industry Data section contains the latest industry research pertaining to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the vision industry, with insightful analysis and key takeaways.
The website will continue to be updated with new, pertinent content as conditions change and new information becomes available.
The content on reopeneyecare.com is compiled and curated by a taskforce of vision community leaders including:
- Marty Bassett, President and CEO, Walman Optical
- Edward Buffington, President and CEO, GPN Technologies
- David Chute, Co-Founder and CEO, ThinOptics
- Marc Ferrara, CEO Information Services, Jobson Medical Information
- David Friedfeld, President, ClearVision Optical
- Gary Gerber, OD, Chief Dream Officer, The Power Practice
- Jim McGrann, Chairman and CEO, Healthy Eyes Advantage
- James Rosin, Co-President, Rosin Eyecare
- John Ryan, General Manager, United Healthcare Vision
Reopeneyecare.com and the resources included on the website are available for use and distribution by anyone involved in the vision community. Users should register on the website to receive updates as new content is posted. An eyecare provider advisory panel is in development. The panel will advise on future content and site improvement.