OWL: Advancing Diversity in Leadership announced that it will host its annual OWL Signature Event and a Networking Program at the 2018 ASCRS·ASOA Symposium & Congress, a joint meeting of the American Academy of Cataract & Refractive Surgery and the American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators, held April 13-17, 2018 in Washington D.C.
OWL Signature Event at ASCRS · ASOA
All are invited to enjoy time with peers and get inspired at the OWL Signature Event.
Friday, April 13, from 5:30 to 7:00 pm
Arnold & Porter Offices
601 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington D.C.
Just a few blocks from the Convention Center, the OWL Signature Event Reception will kick off at 5:30 pm with cocktails and appetizers, followed by a lively panel discussion. The highly anticipated evening will focus on “Leadership in Healthcare: How to Thrive in a Dynamic Market.” The panel includes leaders in the field:
- Moderator: Beth Marsh, Sr. Director Global Commercial Lead, Global Product Strategy, Ophthalmics, Shire
- Jeffrey J. Kimbell, President, Jeffrey J. Kimbell & Associates
- Jim Mazzo, Global President Ophthalmic Devices, Carl Zeiss Meditec & Executive Committee Board Member with MDMA
- Ahmet Tezel, PhD, Surgical Franchise Head, R&D, Alcon, a Novartis Company
- Ruth Williams, MD, Past President, AAO
"The OWL Signature Event continues to offer eye-opening insights. For our members who are always looking toward the future, it will be exciting to hear how this panel of ophthalmic leaders stays agile and adaptable to thrive in the midst of change,” said OWL President Georgette Pascale.
Attendees can register in advance at www.owlsite.org or at the door. The OWL Signature Event is underwritten by premier sponsor Alcon. OWL also would like to recognize Arnold & Porter for donating the event space and is grateful to Vance Thompson and the team at Jessup Cellars for so generously providing wine at the event.
Networking Program at ASCRS · ASOA
OWL invites ophthalmic leaders to join peers during a Networking Program with the theme, “Leadership: It’s not just for CEOs.”
Saturday, April 14th, from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.
Marriott Marquis, Catholic University Room M1
901 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001
Leaders on this dynamic panel will include:
- Moderator: Luca Sergio, President & CEO at Ethis, Managing Partner, Ethis Healthtech, LLC
- Zaina Al-Mohtaseb, MD, Associate Residency Director at BCM
- Chris Calcatera, Chief Operating Officer at Glaukos
- Wellentina Greer, Head of Marketing, USA, Heidelberg Engineering
“The OWL culture encourages personal stories and discussion to facilitate valuable knowledge-sharing in addition to excellent networking opportunities for a wide range of attendees,” said Kristen Ingenito, Director of Ophthalmics at Market Scope. “On Saturday, our diverse panel will share their experiences taking on a variety of challenges throughout their careers, and what they have learned along the way.”
For more information or to register for any OWL event, visit www.owlsite.org.