OWL announced the official candidates for the 2017 OWL Awards. The OWL Awards include the Visionary Award, Catalyst Award, and Rising Star Award, and are given to those who best exemplify OWL’s core values and vision.
“The OWL Award finalists for 2017 represent the best of our ophthalmic community through their incredibly impactful leadership and support for advancing diversity,” Heather Ready, OWL President, said in a news release. “We are excited to honor and celebrate this year’s award recipients during our Signature Event at the American Academy of Ophthalmology meeting in New Orleans.”
The following finalists were selected by OWL’s Awards Committee:
- Susan Benton, Global Product Strategy, New Ophthalmic Products, Shire Pharmaceuticals
- Wayne Caulder, Head of US Sales, Ophthalmic Devices and Microsurgery, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Cynthia Matossian, MD, Founder & Medical Director of Matossian Eye Associates
- Malvina Eydelman, MD, Director of FDA’s Division of Ophthalmic and Ear, Nose and Throat Devices (DOED)
- Kendra Hileman, Global Head, Surgical Clinical R&D, Johnson & Johnson Vision
- Beth Marsh, Sr. Director, Global Product Commercial Strategy Lead, Shire and Vice President, OWL.
Rising Star Award
- Bindu Manne, Associate Director, Market Development at Shire Ophthalmics and Co-Chairman of Membership Committee & Chair of Digital Committee, OWL
- Rebecca Hussain, President at RHMM Inc.
- Kristen Ingenito, Market Analyst, Market Scope, and Co-Chairman of Program Committee, OWL
From October 3 through October 12, members of OWL are invited to place their vote by visiting http://owlsite.org/. Winners will be announced at OWL’s Signature event at the AAO meeting in New Orleans on November 12, 5:30-7:00 pm at The Ogden Museum.