Ophthalmic World Leaders (OWL) has announced its inaugural “Get-On-Board with OWL” program. Primarily aimed at executive-level women and underrepresented communities, this new offering will help attendees develop the skills and connections required to secure board positions in a rapidly-changing corporate environment, according to an OWL news release.
Get-On-Board with OWL is structured as a five-part training program. The program includes four digital chapters and a fifth, in-person event to be held in September 2021. The live program, spread over 2 half-days at the Balboa Bay Resort in Newport Beach, California, will offer attendees the opportunity to expand networks and connect with like-minded individuals. Participants will receive an official certification upon completion of the program.
The five program components include:
- Digital Chapter 1: “So You Want To Be A Board Member?” – A program focused on educating participants about the role of board members within an organization, the knowledge and experience required to thrive in this role, and more.
- Digital Chapter 2: “The Nitty Gritty” – A program focused on the personal and professional liabilities of these positions, compensation structures, and other important details beyond initial interest.
- Digital Chapter 3: “How To Gain Access To A Board Seat” – A program focused on engaging with the board selection process, prospecting opportunities, calibrating resumes, and more.
- Digital Chapter 4: “The Journey To The Top” – A program focused on career pathways, roadblocks, key learnings from accomplished board executives, and more.
- Live Event in Newport Beach, CA, including opportunities to network with board member recruiters.
Registrants can participate in digital programs only or both the digital and live events. OWL members will receive a considerable discount on registration costs. The Chapter 1 digital event will be held on May 10, 2021.
“Recent, inclusion-focused initiatives from the State of California, Nasdaq, and other influential entities reinforce an important, evidence-backed truth: that diverse leadership is a powerful and beneficial force for businesses, individuals, and society as a whole,” Gaynor Fries, Executive Director, Ophthalmic World Leaders, said in a company news release. “As OWL’s most in-depth program to date, Get-On-Board will help participants take advantage of the positive momentum shaping the future of corporate governance, equipping them with the knowledge, skills, and connections required to develop and assert their boardroom presence. We look forward to launching this exciting, dynamic program and to seeing faces old and new.”
Ophthalmic professionals interested in participating in this program can register at: https://owl.wildapricot.org/event-4072271
For more information on this event and OWL, visit https://www.owlsite.org/programs-events/get-on-board-program/