Bryn Mawr Communications (BMC) has announced that its first virtual educational initiative, the BMC Virtual Spring Symposium, will now be held on May 29-30.
The BMC Virtual Spring Symposium is designed to enable discussion, engagement, and live Q&A for members of the vision community while the traditional meeting schedule remains compromised due to COVID-19. BMC’s Virtual Spring Symposium will feature presentations from and discussions among more than 40 of the world’s top ophthalmologists.
“The COVID-19 crisis has had a disruptive and major impact on all aspects of the ophthalmology field. One of the needs we identified early on was to keep the field connected and informed,” said David Cox, president and co-founder of BMC. “We decided to push the BMC Virtual Spring Symposium back to the end of May to expand the program to accommodate the growing number of registered participants, and also to not interfere with other important virtual initiatives taking place in eye care industry.”
The BMC Virtual Spring Symposium will be held on Friday, May 29, from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm ET, and on Saturday, May 30, from 10:00 am to 1:35 pm ET. Below is a list of some featured sessions.
Cataract & Refractive Surgery: From Routine to Complex
- Host: Zaina Al-Mohtaseb, MD
- Participants: Uday Devgan, MD, MBA; Thomas Oetting, MD; Ashvin Agarwal, MD; Brandon Ayres, MD; Cathleen McCabe, MD
Interventional Glaucoma Case Reviews
- Host: Iqbal Ike K. Ahmed, MD, FRCSC
- Participants: Arsham Sheybani, MD; Sahar Bedrood, MD, PhD; Nathan Radcliffe, MD; Lorraine Provencher, MD; I. Paul Singh, MD
Optimizing Surgical Outcomes
- Host: Robert J. Weinstock, MD
- Participants: Stephen Slade, MD; Mitchell Weikert, MD; Kendall Donaldson, MD
AECOS Global Perspectives Panel
- Host: Sheraz Daya, MD, FACP, FACS, FRCS(Ed), FRCOphth
- Participants: Arthur B. Cummings, MB ChB, FCS(SA), MMed(Ophth), FRCS(Edin); Florian Kretz, MD, FEBO; Jod Mehta, MD, FRCS(Ed); Erik Mertens, MD, FEBOphth; Francesco Carones, MD
- Panel: Reopening the Business
- Host: Bruce Maller
- Participants: Y. Ralph Chu, MD; Mark Kontos, MD; George O. Waring IV, MD; Lisa Nijm, MD, JD; Vance Thompson, MD, FACS
- Panel: Resuming Clinical & Surgical Practice
- Host: Steven J. Dell, MD
- Participants: Gary Wörtz, MD; William F. Wiley, MD; Maria Scott, MD; Lance Kugler, MD; Steve Arshinoff, MD
Case Files in Cornea
- Host: Deepinder Dhaliwal, MD
- Participants: William B. Trattler, MD; Karolinne Rocha, MD, PhD; Mark Milner, MD; Marjan Farid, MD; Audrey Talley Rostov, MD
Telemedicine: Keys to Success
- Host: Blake Williamson, MD, MPH
- Participants: Roger Zaldivar, MD, MBA; Nikola Ragusa, MD; Neda Shamie, MD; David Goldman, MD
For more information on the BMC Virtual Spring Symposium or to register for complimentary admission, visit bmcvirtual.com.