Alcon will present new data on several of its latest contact lens, dry eye, and ocular health innovations during the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) 2021 virtual meeting taking place May 1-7. Alcon boasts a robust scientific showing at the meeting with nine accepted abstracts on vision care innovations including the Systane iLux MGD Thermal Pulsation System, Precision1 one-day contact lenses and the forthcoming Total30 monthly replacement contact lenses.
“We’re thrilled to share new updates on some of our most important innovations including long-term efficacy of Systane iLux, head-to-head performance results for Precision1– the fastest-growing daily disposable lens among optometrists in the U.S.* – and promising data on our forthcoming Total30 monthly replacement contact lens,” Sean Clark, General Manager, U.S. Vision Care at Alcon, said in a company news release. “We are excited to be sharing meaningful updates across our portfolio this week so eye care Professionals have the latest data needed to make important clinical decisions for their patients.”
New Clinical Data Shows Long-Term Efficacy for Systane iLux
A long-term study demonstrated that Systane iLux is non-inferior to the Lipiflow^ thermal pulsation system in the change in symptoms of dryness (as measured by IDEEL-Symptom Bother score) for up to 12 months following a single treatment.
- Poster Presentation: Patient-reported symptoms following Systane iLux and LipiFlow^ treatment: A 12-month, multicenter study (Saturday, May 1, 9:15 to 11:00 a.m. CDT)
Head-to-Head Clinical Data Shows PRECISION1 Preferred Over Leading Competitor Lens
A prospective, multicenter, randomized clinical study comparing the subjective performance of Precision1 (verofilcon A daily disposable silicone hydrogel contact lenses) to that of etafilcon A hydrogel contact lenses demonstrates that Precision1 performed better than etafilcon A lenses with respect to overall preference and other subjective study endpoints.
- Poster Presentation: Clinical subjective performance of two daily disposable soft contact lenses (Friday, May 7, 1:15 – 3:00 p.m. CDT)
TOTAL30 Monthly Replacement Contact Lens Demonstrates Outstanding Wearing Experience
Several studies of Total30, a new, water gradient monthly contact lens, evaluate the integrity of the material surface after on-eye wear, exposure to cleaning and disinfecting solutions, daily insertion, handling, rubbing and removal; surface softness compared to other contact lens materials; surface durability and wettability after 30 days of on-eye wear; and, surface and structure properties. Overall, the lens shows it can provide a comfortable, stable and outstanding wearing experience at day 30.
- Poster Presentation: Surface characterization of a new contact lens water gradient using fluorescent staining (Friday, May 7, 1:15 – 3:00 p.m. CDT)
- Poster Presentation: Surface softness comparision of select contact lenses by nanoindentation (Friday, May 7, 1:15 – 3:00 p.m. CDT)
- Poster Presentation: Water gradient wettability and durability of a new monthly replacement contact lens (Friday, May 7, 1:15 – 3:00 p.m. CDT)
- Poster Presentation: Introduction of a new silicone hydrogel contact lens with surface modification of MPC polymer (Friday, May 7, 1:15 – 3:00 p.m. CDT)
All paper and poster presentations will be available when #ARVO2021 commences and will remain available until June 30. For more information on the Alcon innovations being highlighted at the meeting, visit Professional.MyAlcon.com or talk to your Alcon sales representative. Systane iLux information may also be obtained by emailing iLux@alcon.com.