|Iridex announced that its products will be featured in five poster sessions covering data in a total of 68 eyes focused on open angle, mild-to-moderate and uncontrolled glaucoma at the 13th European Glaucoma Society Meeting (EGS) in Florence, Italy on May 19-22.
The posters listed below will showcase Iridex MicroPulse technology. All posters will be available in the poster area.
Monday, May 21, 2018
· Cigdem Altan, MD: (P4.045) Early Clinical Outcomes of MicroPulse Transcleral Cyclophotocoauglation in Open Angle Glaucoma
· Walid Zbiba, MD: (P4.081) MicroPulse Transscleral Cyclophotocoagulation in Glaucoma Management: The Tunisian Experience
· Maria Cecilia Aquino, MD: (P4.097) External MicroPulse Diode Laser Trabeculoplasty for Primary Open Angles Glaucoma: A Pilot Study
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
· Catherina Josephine Goenad, MD: (P5.016) Early Outcomes of MicroPulse Diode Transscleral Cyclophototherapy for Treatment of Mild to Moderate Glaucoma
· Beatriz Rodriguez Aguado, MD: (P5.041) Transscleral Cyclophotocoagulation With Diode Laser for Refractory Glaucoma: Our Experience
Iridex will also be sponsoring a breakfast symposium titled, “MicroPulse therapy: a choice before, in combination with, and after any other glaucoma treatment.” The symposium will be held on Sunday, May 20. A distinguished panel of four ophthalmologists will present the science behind MicroPulse technology, their clinical experience with a variety of patient profiles, and the most recent data on outcomes.
“There is a significant increase in the amount of data regarding cyclophotocoagulation with MicroPulse technology. I am excited to share with my colleagues the versatility and success I have seen with the Cyclo G6 Glaucoma Laser System,” Marc Toeteberg-Harms, MD, FEBO of Switzerland, said in a company news release. Dr. Toeteberg-Harms will be joined by Ziad Khoueir, MD, MSEd, of Lebanon, Ronald de Crom, MD of The Netherlands, and Karin Roswitha Pillunat, MD, of Germany for the 1-hour reunion that will allow for questions and answers from the attendees.