Covalent Medical, a network of over 385 ophthalmologists who distribute vision supplements sold in practitioners’ offices in the United States under the brand name Focus Vision Supplements, is launching a reformulated version of their leading omega-3 formulation Focus Relief Plus.
Focus Relief Plus, a 3rd generation omega-3 product, is an omega-3 based softgel that contains a total of 1,620mg of omega-3 fatty acids per serving in the form of re-esterified triglyceride (rTG) fish oil. This type of fish oil was used in the most recent DREAM Study, a large NEI sponsored, independent dry eye study. While the outcome showed no benefit compared to that of olive oil in treating dry eye, the study did show overall benefit for those patients suffering from dry eye.
“Consistent with our core principles of producing vision supplements supported by peer-reviewed clinical studies and established standards of care, we have updated our formulation to include re-esterified triglyceride fish oil,” Clint Worley, COO of Covalent Management, said in a company news release.
Key features and benefits of Focus Relief Plus include:
- 1,620mg of omega-3 rTG fish oil
- 75mg of omega-6 gamma-linolenic acid (GLA)
- Certificate of Analysis on every active ingredient, for every lot produced
- Options for clinic implementation, to include free samples and free shipping
- Subscription services for your patients
- No price increases from old formulation
For more information about Focus Relief Plus, visit www.focusvitamins.com.