As part of its continuing focus on the highest quality patient outcomes, EyeSouth Partners, a network of integrated eye care practices located throughout the Southeast, announced the formation of its physician advisory board. Its responsibilities will include overseeing clinical policies and procedures, continuing education initiatives, new equipment and modalities, and quality assurance programs.
Practices affiliated with EyeSouth Partners include Gainesville Eye Associates, Georgia Eye Partners, Georgia Ophthalmology Associates, Georgia Retina, Opal Aesthetics, and South Georgia-North Florida Eye Partners.
Dr. Parul Khator, a board-certified ophthalmologist and EyeSouth Partners’ VP of Medical Affairs, serves as co-chair of the Physician Advisory Board. Dr. Khator said the board will further strengthen the practice’s clinical and patient care services. “Since its inception, EyeSouth’s top priority has been ensuring that our affiliated practices are positioned to provide patients with the highest quality care available,” she said. “We are honored to have such an esteemed group of physicians leading that mission.”
The initial physician advisory board members include:
- Parul Khator: Georgia Eye Partners (co-chair)
- Stephanie Vanderveldt: Georgia Retina (co-chair)
- Jack Chapman: Gainesville Eye Associates
- Scott Petermann: South Georgia Eye Partners
- Eugene Gabianelli, EyeSouth Partners Chief Medical Officer
Consistent with its ongoing focus on quality patient care, several of EyeSouth Partners affiliated physicians have recently received recognition for providing the highest level of clinical care and contributions to the community:
- Eight EyeSouth Partners physicians were recently named among Atlanta’s “Top Doctors” by Atlanta magazine, including Dr. Eugene B. Gabianelli and Dr. Parul Khator of Georgia Eye Partners; and Drs. Michael S. Jacobson, Scott I. Lampert, Mark J. Rivellese, Atul Sharma, Jay B. Stallman, and Stephanie L. Vanderveldt of Georgia Retina.
- Dr. Eugene Gabianelli of Georgia Eye Partners was honored by Prevent Blindness Georgia for playing “an integral role in promoting a continuum of vision care and helping the community of Atlanta” at its Swing Fore Sight Golf Tournament.
- Dr. Jack Chapman of Gainesville Eye Associates received the Outstanding Healthcare Professional Award at the Greater Hall County Chamber of Commerce.
- Dr. Atul Sharma and Dr. Mark Rivellese of Georgia Retina spoke at the 2018 Georgia Optometric Association annual conference. Dr. Rivellese spoke on pathology of the vitreoretinal interface, and Dr. Sharma discussed retinal detachments and the appropriate treatments.