Coburn Technologies has introduced its newest lens generators—the Cobalt NXT & NXT+. The Cobalt NXT is the successor to Coburn’s current large-format freeform generator, the Cobalt DS. Together with the Cobalt NX generator, which was launched in March, the Cobalt NXT represents Coburns next generation platform for lens surfacing. Some key features and advancements of the Cobalt NXT include:
- Automation Ready: Cobalt NXT has the capability to be upgraded to a fully automated machine for labs looking to completely automate their freeform processes.
- Superior Lens Quality: The quality of the lenses produced with the Cobalt NXT is far superior to that of the Cobalt DS. Cobalt NXT is designed for processing all indexes of lenses (1.498 to 1.74).
- On-Board Engraving: With engraving built in the machine, the need to purchase additional equipment is reduced, thus saving costs.
- Automated Calibration: Manual calibration is still available for those customers wanting to still control this process, but for those who want an automated machine, Cobalt NXT comes built with automatic calibration for faster and more efficient lens processing.
- Higher Throughput: Cobalt NXT comes with increased speeds and higher throughput than the Cobalt NX allowing labs to process jobs faster.
“With the Cobalt NXT, we have expanded the basic fundamentals of our very popular Cobalt DS, while shrinking the footprint to better fit the needs of the market. Cobalt NXT now allows the production volume of a larger lab to fit into the spacing of a smaller lab,” Alex Incera, President of Coburn Technologies, said in the news release.
Cobalt NXT is also automation ready. This machine, known as Cobalt NXT+, is built with the same footprint and top cover design as the Cobalt NXT, but takes it one step further offering full automation for your generating process. NXT+ comes with a pick and place system and conveyor, eliminating the need for an operator to load and unload lenses.
The Cobalt NXT+ will be showcased at this year’s Vision Expo West in Las Vegas in Coburn’s booth, LP6075. For more information, please visit Coburn online at www.CoburnTechnologies.com, or call 1-800-COBURN-1.