Avedro announced its schedule of scientific and educational programs focused on corneal cross-linking and keratoconus during the American Academy of Ophthalmology annual meeting in San Francisco.
Avedro’s presentations and educational events underscore the clinical community’s growing interest in the diagnosis and treatment of keratoconus.
“Avedro’s corneal cross-linking treatment is becoming well-established as the only approved therapeutic treatment of progressive keratoconus. As awareness around the disease and our treatment has accelerated, the ophthalmic community is more engaged than ever in learning about best practices,” Reza Zadno, PhD, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Avedro, said in a company news release. “Our programs at AAO 2019 are designed to educate clinicians on diagnosis and treatment techniques, as well as coding and reimbursement processes, and will help to further improve the quality of patient care while expanding patient access to Avedro’s FDA-approved sight-preserving therapy. We also look forward to discussing exciting new ways in which cross-linking may be applied in the future.”
Avedro-sponsored programs are scheduled as follows:
Saturday, October 12
- 10:00-10:10 AM – Leveraging Social Media to Expand Keratoconus Awareness. Michael Greenwood, MD. Avedro booth #5415.
- 10:15-10:35 AM – Optimizing the Care of a Keratoconus Patient. Brandon Ayres, MD & Clark Chang, OD. Avedro booth #5415.
- 11:00-11:30 AM – CXL Visionary Series. John Berdahl, MD. Avedro booth #5415.
- 3:15-3:35 PM – CXL Clinical Pearls: Maximizing Workflow & Efficiency. Michael Raizman, MD & Edward Manche, MD Avedro booth #5415.
- 5:30-7:30 PM – EVENING SYMPOSIUM: Cross-Linking and Intracorneal Ring Segment: What You Need to Know. John Berdahl, MD, Richard Lindstrom, MD, Neda Shamie, MD, William Wiley, MD, and Raj Rajpal, MD as moderator. Reception and program at the W Hotel, 181 3rd Street, San Francisco, Social Terrace on 4th floor.
Sunday, October 13
- 10:00-10:20 AM – Expanding KC Education for Referring Physicians. Ken Beckman, MD & Jack Parker, MD; Audrey Talley-Rostov, MD to moderate. Avedro booth #5415.
- 10:25-10:45 AM – How to Talk to Your Keratoconus Patient & Their Families. Kathryn Hatch, MD, & Erin Stahl, MD; J. Bradley Randleman, MD to moderate. Avedro booth #5415.
- 11:00-11:30 AM – CXL Visionary Series. Vance Thompson, MD. Avedro booth #5415