Alcon announced that it is expanding its surgical offerings with the addition of a group of products fundamental to many ophthalmic procedures done in the clinic and operating room. These products, which include mydriatic, cycloplegic, diagnostic, and anesthetic products, were transferred from Alcon’s parent company, Novartis, beginning earlier this year with ISOPTO Atropine (atropine sulfate ophthalmic solution) 1%.
“At Alcon, we strive to provide surgeons the most complete line of ophthalmic products available – not only through innovations in technology, but now through a portfolio of mydriatic, cycloplegic, diagnostic, and anesthetic products,” Brian O’Neal, Head of Marketing, US Surgical, Alcon, said in a company news release. “With the transition of this portfolio from Novartis, we’re excited to provide our customers with a comprehensive line of products to support surgical and clinical ophthalmic procedures.”
The products offered in the portfolio include:
- ISOPTO Atropine (atropine sulfate ophthalmic solution) 1%, indicated for mydriasis (dilation of the pupil), cycloplegia (paralysis of the ciliary muscle of the eye), and penalization of the healthy eye in the treatment of amblyopia, a condition where vision in one or both eyes does not develop properly during childhood
- CYCLOGYL (cyclopentolate hydrochloride ophthalmic solution, USP), an anticholinergic used to produce mydriasis and cycloplegia
- MYDRIACYL (tropicamide ophthalmic solution, USP), an anticholinergic indicated for mydriasis and cycloplegia for diagnostic procedures
- CYCLOMYDRIL (cyclopentolate hydrochloride and phenylephrine hydrochloride ophthalmic solution), indicated for the production of mydriasis
- FLUORESCITE (fluorescein injection, USP) 10%, indicated in diagnostic fluorescein angiography (examination by X-ray of blood or lymph vessels) or angioscopy of the retina and iris vasculature
- Tetracaine Hydrochloride Ophthalmic Solution 0.5% STERI-UNIT, an ester local anesthetic indicated for procedures requiring a rapid and short-acting topical ophthalmic anesthetic
The portfolio of products is available now and can be purchased through authorized wholesalers and distributors. ISOPTO Atropine 1% Solution is also available for purchase through Alcon Customer Service.
To learn more, visit www.Alcon.com/Products.