Alcon announced the latest addition of Alcaine (proparacaine hydrochloride ophthalmic solution, USP) 0.5% 15mL to its procedural eye drops portfolio, which is made up of mydriatic, cycloplegic, diagnostic, and anesthetic products.
Alcaine 0.5% 15mL, the only branded proparacaine available, is a topical local anesthetic indicated for corneal anesthesia of short duration, and for short corneal and conjunctival procedures, according to a company news release.
“We strive to offer the most complete line of high-quality ophthalmic products to better serve our customers,” Brian O’Neal, Head of Marketing, US Surgical, Alcon, said in the news release. “For decades, Alcaine Solution 0.5% 15mL has been a trusted solution for surgical and clinical ophthalmic procedures. We hope by offering this product directly from Alcon we will continue to meet the ongoing needs of patients and eye care professionals.”
In addition to Alcaine Solution 0.5% 15mL, Alcon’s procedural eye drops portfolio includes:
- Tetracaine Hydrochloride Ophthalmic Solution 0.5% Steri-Units
- IsoptoAtropine (atropine sulfate ophthalmic solution) 1%
- Cyclomydril (cyclopentolate hydrochloride and phenylephrine hydrochloride ophthalmic solution)
- Fluorescite (fluorescein injection, USP) 10%
- Mydriacyl (tropicamide ophthalmic solution, USP)
- Cyclogyl (cyclopentolate hydrochloride ophthalmic solution, USP)