The American Academy of Optometry has announced the recipients of the 2018 Student Travel Fellowship Awards. The travel fellowships will allow six students to present their research at the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) 2018 annual meeting. The 2018 recipients and their respective schools follow.
Supported by Johnson and Johnson, The Vision Care Institute, LLC:
• Jessica Jasien, University of Alabama Birmingham, School of Optometry
• Daisy Shu, BOptom(Hons)/BSci, University of New South Wales, School of Optometry and Vision Science
• Laura Pardon, OD, MS, FAAO, University of Houston, College of Optometry
• Katie Bales, University of Alabama Birmingham, School of Optometry
• Hannah Burfield, University of Houston, College of Optometry
Supported by the American Academy of Optometry:
• Billie Beckwith-Cohen, DVM, MBA, FAAO, University of California Berkeley, School of Optometry
The American Academy of Optometry administers travel fellowships in order to encourage optometry students, optometric residents, and students in eye and vision related graduate programs to attend key national meetings and exchange scientific ideas on research. Fellowships are awarded primarily for accomplishment and potential in optometric research and education and are evaluated by the American Academy of Optometry’s Research Committee.
Applications for student travel fellowships for the Academy’s annual meeting, Academy 2018 San Antonio, will be available in July 2018. For more information visit http://www.aaopt.org/students/stf.